Happy Birthday to my twin nieces-- Jenny and Helen!! I love you both so very much, and I wish all the best for you this coming year!! I enjoy spending time with you both. This blog post is dedicated to both of you!!
When I think of Jenny in the context of movies, I think immediately of "Sex and The City" (1 and 2). Before the first movie came out, she emailed me, asking if I watched the series on HBO. I replied that I did not. She was so excited about it, that she said she would send me the DVD set (knowing that would be the only way I watch a TV show anymore)... after her mom returned them to her. She was forcing her to watch them first.
She did, and I was not as enthused as she had been. But, having said that, there were some questions being asked in each episode that could make for some good conversation starters. As the movies were released, I was sure she would find bigger fans of the series to accompany her-- and she did. I still have not seen either full-length movie.
But whenever I see Carrie, or any of the characters from the series (except for Kim Cattrall-- she will forever be Honeywell from "Porky's" to me-- and I will never think of sweatsocks the same way again), I think of my lovely, niece, Jenny, and smile. I watch many movies with her at her house, but "Sex in The City" will always be the epitome of Jenny. FTR (for the record) I would watch either or both movies with you, Jenny. Happy Birthday, and I love you, Jennifer!!!
When I think of Helen, I think of "In The Name of The King" with Jason Stathom and Claire Forlani. Jason Stathom is to Helen what Bruce Willis is to me-- gender and the things that go with it aside!! Let me just rephrase that whole thought: Helen will watch a movie simply because Jason is in it- just as I will watch a movie just because Bruce is in it. I am certain I feel about Bruce differently from the way Helen feels about Jason... but I digress..... (I just don't want to start any rumors)
Stathom plays pretty much every character the same, whether it's the Transporter, Handsome Rob (Italian Job remake), Chev (Crank), Lee (The Expendables), etc. But I really wanted to see "In The Name of The King" because it was a historical piece, and I wondered how he would fare on set without rip-away Tshirts and the like. It turns out he did very well, in my book.
Of course, watching it with Helen (she owns the DVD) makes it even more enjoyable. Even though he still uses his modern style of fighting, it doesn't come off as corny or contrived in this picture. And, of course, she could have picked a different actor, say, Taylor Lautner or Robert Pattinson, and then I would have to cringe as I think of Helen-- this works so much better!! Happy Birthday, and I love you, Helen!!!
Whether it's your birthday or not, I wish you all the best my movie watching friend!!
Warm regards,
Fred T Wyrick
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Happy Birthday Twins Helen and Jenny!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment