Hey There!
It's been too long since I posted, but a few events have transpired since my last post-- very few of them having anything to do with movies-- and without going into great detail, I will simply say that it feels good to be in front of my pc again.
The most significant events to report are the finding, courting and marrying the girl of my dreams, Sally Marie. I recognize that I owe some of my good fortune to the fact that she had misunderstandings about me, but she said, "yes," and I'll take it. So many things she knew about me- but so many things were yet to be learned. I hope what she knows to be true about my core values will outweigh what she misunderstood about my idiosyncrasies.
Her first surprise was that my favorite movies were not made by Disney. I had the good sense to sit her down to watch, "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," before she said yes to marrying me. If you missed my, "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" post (Called, "What is Your Favorite Movie?" posted 12/12/10), you can find it listed in my earlier posts. Read it, Watch it, Learn it, Love it. Enough said. Except to say that she watched it (and she was embarrassed to be laughing loud and often, btw) and married me anyway- so I am not solely to blame for her every misunderstanding pertaining to my twisted nature.
I did reciprocate by watching, "Ariel's Beginning," the prequel to, "The Little Mermaid." Of course, my eldest is named, Ariel, so I know all those movies well. And, for the record, Ariel was born WAY before, "The Little Mermaid" came out, so she was NOT named after the movie (It was a '70's song by Dean Friedman, if you must know...).
I don't think Sallie and I will keep score on which type of movie we watch -- maybe we will, I don't know-- but I will sprinkle some "Sallie selections" in my future posts, regardless.
In any event, it is good to be back. I look forward to getting more and more posts out here, and hearing more and more from you.
Take care, and come back often...
Regards,
Fred
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Changes in my Movie Watching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment